Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gateaux....


Gateaux is a little pastry shop in downtown Denver that sells beautifully decorated cakes, cupcakes, cookies, breakfast pastries and tarts. Almost every dessert in the bakery has a very colorful, fun and funky creative touch, whether it’s a whimsical chocolate piece or a fondant bow. Their customized cakes are really great; they could pretty much do whatever kind of decoration you could ever want.
 The White Chocolate Peach Torte…of course…was calling my name. As a sucker for white chocolate, as well as fresh fruit, I had to jump mouth first into this pastry. This was so good; the white chocolate was a perfect match for the juicy chunks of peach in the middle. I would wish for a bit more of the actual cake part, as it was a bit much with all the creamy filling for me. If you are a frosting inhaler, this is what you need to devour!!
I also got a…uh…coconut petit four?!!? Haha, I can’t remember the name of this one, but the sales girl picked it out for me. It tasted like a Girl Scout Samoa cookie. It was a coconut covered chocolate cake brownie thing with a coconut filling, I think. It was pretty darn good I must say, whatever it was.

I also got a cookie in the shape of a cupcake. It was so cute and their cookies would be perfect for a party! It tasted all right, not my favorite treat of the night. The “frosting” part of the cupcake cookie was dipped in chocolate, which was actually really good, but the bottom half of it was just the cookie, which was not impressing my sugar craving.
The only bad thing about their customer service was it took the girl almost 10 minutes to realize I was there; I had to yell back in the kitchen to get her attention! But their stuff is surely yummy, and I would LOVE to sit for hours and look at their books of decorated cakes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment