Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dont be a hater, eat a cupcake (from The Shoppe of course)!!!!


If you are a night owl and you get that craving for a cupcake, or even cereal, then The Shoppe bakery in Denver is just for you!  The spunky urban style bakery serves crazy flavored cupcakes (gluten-free and Vegan options too!) and even cereal!! I went there last night at 10:30pm and was stoked to find them still open, and packed with people enjoying their sugary goodness.
This was the first bakery that had Pat’s and my taste-buds in a battle. We got 2 cupcakes, a chocolate peanut butter cupcake, and a Zucchini Cream Cheese cupcake. 
Pat’s favorite was the chocolate peanut butter cupcake that was dense chocolate cake with a peanut butter buttercream. He devoured this cupcake, when I could only take a bite or two. And vice versa with the Zucchini cupcake; I DEVOURED this one!! The zucchini cupcake was also a very dense zucchini cake with a fluffy mouth-watering cream cheese frosting. I loved this flavor combo, it was not too overpowering, or too “lost”. One thing I did not like about The Shoppe’s cupcakes is there is SO MUCH FROSTING! Half the amount would be perfect! It almost scared me away thinking that they were depending on the buttercream to make the cupcake good…but I was wrong. J For dessert, or for breakfast, or just to hang out with friends, this bakery is rad and delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment