Monday, September 27, 2010

Cake Crumbs....in my mouth :)

Today I was driving across town and came across a little shopping area I didn’t even know existed. And there it was…Cake Crumbs. They were the first bakery in Denver to have a food truck that blesses the Denver Metro Area with cupcakes in random spots, such as Downtown and the Denver Tech area. Hearing only good things about their cupcakes I was so happy I stumbled across their store front. 
They didn’t have a crazy selection, so I got basically got everything they had left. I got cupucakes of all sizes; a Chai Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting, a the classics Chocolate on Chocolate, Vanilla on Vanilla, Chocolate on Vanilla and Vanilla on Chooclate in the mini size. 
Oh the Cream Cheese frosting…how I love you with every single tastebud on my tounge. But then again, I have never met a Cream Cheese Frosting I haven’t liked. J The chai cake was a moist cake with the perfect amount of exploding spice flavor. The Red Velvet (Which in case you didn’t know…I HATE red velvet cake(I think people are only in love with it because it is called Velvet…anyways…) was actually very good! 
The Chocolate on chocolate was so mouthwatering. It was a soft chocolate cake with a fudge-like rich chocolate frosting. This cupcake in the mini size is perfect, a standard size might be too much, because of the richness.
The Vanilla on Vanilla was a super light and fluffy (and not too sweet!!) buttercream swirled on top of a traditional vanilla cupcake. Not my favorite but still good.
I love me some chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream, so this one was probally my favorite mini classical flavored cupcake I got.

I would definitely go back to Cake Crumbs someday, I would love to try their cake, and all the pastries they had too....*drool*…now I just need to hit their cupcake truck J




No comments:

Post a Comment