Monday, September 13, 2010

Sharmane's Bake Shoppe :(

I hate these reviews the most. But, I want to enjoy every bite of something I devour, I want to be eating the last crumb and be looking for another. This adorable little Boulder, Colorado bakery unfortunately, had me pushing the cupcakes away after the second bite…shocked I even took a second!

One cupcake I got was a Chocolate Ginger cupcake with Caramel Buttercream. The cake tasted (and even the texture) like it was a sweet bread. It was heavy and extremely dense cake, if you could even call it cake. It would have been a decent bread….Ill give them that. The swirled high frosting had very little flavor at all. I also got a Gluten Free Vanilla Caramel cupcake. The cake was okay as it was not a bread texture like the first; it was “okay for gluten free”. And this is where I have a problem with what I just said. I strongly believe every dessert should be great whether it’s gluten-free, sugarfree, or vegan. I hate when people say “Its good for gluten-free.” NO!!! it should be good all the time!! If you cant make it great, don’t make it at all!
I was bummed; I really wanted to like this place. This bakery was so cute, and her cakes were decorated beautifully (extremely beautiful!!!), but man, they just did not taste good!
L


No comments:

Post a Comment