Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bummed on Yum-Yum's


I have walked past Yum-Yum’s practically every day since I moved to denver a year and a half ago For some reason I never went in, or when I tried too, they were closed. This morning, on a walk with my boyfriend and pup, I noticed they were….OPEN!!! I was so excited to finally try this place. The inside was everything you could expect from a cupcake shop; whimsical fondant cakes in the windows, colorful stripes covering the walls and glowing cases filled with colorful rows of cupcakes. The flavor combinations had my mouth watering; flavors like banana split, Crème Brulee, and even, Tiramisu (which, in case you didn’t know, is my most favoritest treat ever!) My eye caught their cakes, as I liked how they had a classic and modern twist. 
I chose the White Chocolate Raspberry cupcake and the super nice sales lady chose the Boston Cream for me to devour. The simple and cute decoration, as well as the fun flavors made me excited to dive on in. I tried the White Chocolate Raspberry which at first bite, all I could taste was an over powering raspberry flavor. I then tried just the cake which had a very spongy consistency, and unfortunately, barely tasted of white chocolate. That bummed me out as that was what sold me on the cupcake...im a sucker for white chocolate! 

 I moved on to the Boston Cream cupacke, in hope of a different outcome. I really wanted it to prove the first cupcake wrong. As badly as I wanted it to be good, I’m sad to say it wasn’t.  The cake was moister than the first, but still did not have that “made from scratch” taste, which is what I want for a $3 cupcake. I was excited to find the surprise Bavarian cream center, but it tasted like artificial flavoring and had a very gummy consistancy. The frosting was a chocolate that was just very…un-chocolatey, with the oddest texture!!

When my boyfriend and I were done trying them out, we both felt bummed and unsatisfied. I’m really sad that I did not like it; I really wanted to. Maybe their cheescakes or muffins are better?!?!  


No comments:

Post a Comment