Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Time to Devour...


       I am on a mission to find the bakeries that offer it all- mouth-watering treats that also look more amazing than they taste. I believe that if a first bite takes your tastebuds on a thrill ride, then every single crumb is guilt-free and everyone needs to know about it. One day in Berkeley, California while waiting with my mom and older sister in a long line for a cupcake truck (not even knowing if the cupcakes were actually any good!!) I told them; “I am going to devour some tasty thing at bakeries throughout the world. And I’m gonna let everyone know which bakeries they should not pass up, and which ones they should not even waste their time with.” Because nothing is more disappointing than biting into a $4 cupcake and having it taste more dry and bland than Saltine Crackers. So, to save everyone the pain, I will let you know about which bakeries I would skip or which ones you have try, no matter how far away from you that bakery may be.

       Some of my earliest memories are about baking; watching the ingredients of chocolate chip cookies mix together in a white KitchenAid mixer with my dad by my side, jumping for joy upon receiving baking classes for my birthday from my Aunt, and getting to lick the batter covered wisk with my older sister when our mom was done making some sweet concoction. I grew up in Northern California, and in highschool, I fell in love with art; drawing, painting, photography, you name it, I loved it. I went to college at the University of Colorado, Boulder and majored in painting. The day I realized I could take my art and put it directly on something that tasted great too…well, I knew what I wanted to do with my life from that day forward. I am now 23 years old and live in Denver, Colorado. I have worked at different bakeries in Colorado, decorating cakes, pastries, and cupcakes, as well as being the Wedding Coordinator at a Denver bakery. I currently decorate at a bakery in Arvada, Colorado, and do freelance baking/decorating and specialize in vegan, gluten and sugar free yummy treats. My most devoured product is my Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread …soon to offered sugar free!!

Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


 Devouring Magnolias Cupcakes with my Mom 

One of my Cakes.... 


Serendipity 3

No comments:

Post a Comment