Tuesday, January 11, 2011

oh great...Maggie & Molly's Bakery


After have large craving cupcakes over took my thoughts, I decided to go get something to satisfy my urges. I went to Maggie & Molly’s Bakery in Denver (2908 E. 6th Ave) to try and see if what they offered could help me out. I got 2 cupcakes, Cookies N’ Cream and a White with Coffee Liquor Buttercream, as well as a sugar cookie. From the outside the place was cute, inside it was very uncomfortable and well, just not cute. The girls were not the sweetest people I have ever met, but I had some hopes about this place.
 But those hopes were smashed with a knife covered in shortening. Both of the cupcakes had some of the worst “buttercream”, I swear it was just some whipped shortening, that I have ever had. It had a waxy texture and was extremely stiff. They also had no flavor to them at all, the vanilla tasted like waxy air, and the coffee liquor flavor was barely there. The actual cakes on both, again, had no flavor and were just blah. 
 I was really bummed on the cookie n' cream also because last time i checked, a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream with some crushed cookies sprinkled on top...is a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream with some crushed cookies sprinkled on top, not cookies and cream.
The sugar cookie was beyond strange looking, and just tasted, well, blah. Just a same ‘ol sugar cookie that is NOT worth $2.00!
Well, great, another bakery not worth entering anyone’s belly.  But I guess if you like un-flavorful waxy pretend substances…you will love this place! 

1 comment: