Monday, October 11, 2010

"We make the impossible delicious"

If you have ever been to Watercourse Foods or City O’City in Denver, and been lucky enough to try one of their bakery goods, you will know exactly where this review is going. Watercourse Bakery is a 100% Vegan and gluten free bakery that really does make the impossible delicious!
I went to dinner with my friends Kat (Jessica) and Loki at City O’ City for my first time. I have been to watercourse more times than I could ever imagine counting, and their food and baked treats really are some of the best meals I have ever had! 
We got the most amazing cupcake on the planet, (the one I get every time I go to one of the restaurants) the Ho-Ho cupcake. This cupcake truly tastes like a Hostess Ho-Ho cupcake, minus the chemicals. The chocolate cake is filled with a vanilla creamy frosting, and topped with a layer of the vanilla frosting and then dipped into a vegan chocolate ganache. This cupcake is one of the best cupcakes I have ever had in Denver, and the fact that its vegan and gluten free…makes it that much more amazing. This is one of those desserts where when its all gone, you catch yourself with your tongue glued to the plate trying to find the last crumb! 


We also got a Strawberry Mango cupcake (also G.F. and Vegan). This was my first time ever ordering this one, and this one just didn’t do it for me. It was a white cake that had a hint of banana, with a tiny bit of strawberry filling, and a mango buttercream. The flavor of the combination was…as weird as it sounds, it tastes like the Hello Kitty store. It tasted very artificial, and the flavor combo was just…wrong. I was so bummed, but they all can’t be winners J.
Kat and our glorious cupcakes 

I have had their cookies, cakes and pies as well, and trust me, you cant go wrong (well except for the strawberry mango cupcake)! If you are ever in the downtown area, be sure to check out Watercourse (837 E 17th Ave) or City O’ City (206  E. 13th street), the bakery is right next door to City O’City! 


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH! Tastes like the Hello Kitty Store and why do I totally know how that would taste!
    I really want to try the Hostess Cupcake tasting one! Remember how we would have those in our lunches everyday! eewww gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh....I'm having another craving! This time just for the deliciousness of the white buttercream filling for the Ho-Ho cupcake. *trying to be good*

    That night was mad fun doll. Loki and I need to take you to The Walnut Room still. Another fantastic pizza place here in Denver. Let me know if you plan on hitting up any bakeries in Littleton. I need more cupcake love.

    ReplyDelete