Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nomelie Cupcakes

So this weekend I drove to Parker, Colorado to meet up for a cupcake breakfast with Nic Sweet AKA. step-brother / most-amazing-pastry-chef-ever. We went to Nomelie Cupakes, a made from scratch cupcakery owned by a mother and a baker, to get our morning sugar fix. Nic and I got two cupcakes to share, a White Chocolate Pumpkin, and a Gluten Free Buckeye Cupcakes, and one each to take home (Red Velvet for Nic, and a Vanilla Mint one for me). 
The White Chocolate Pumpkin was a flavor feast for my mouth. The white chocolate chips on top of the extremely moist pumpkin cake was a match made in heaven. The White Chocolate buttercream was good, nothing mind blowing, but still had my belly satisfied. A little bit more white chocolate flavor in the buttercream, as well as more pumpkin in the cake would be my preference, but it was still amazing. I found myself the next day wishing I still had some more to devour.
We also got a gluten free Buckeye cupcake. The chocolate cake was super fluffy and soft, with a traditional chocolate cake flavor. The cupcake was filled and topped with a peanut butter buttercream. The peanut butter flavor was not strong and had us wondering what it was at first, but once we realized it was peanut butter, it was pretty darn good. We actually did not realize at first that it was gluten free- and when we did we were shocked. They actually made a gluten free cupcake not taste like..well…crap. Anyone who is celiac…head to Nomelie for your sugar fix!
The textures of Nomelie’s cupcakes are perfect! And the delicious flavors, such as the white chocolate, you can tell that they use a good product, not some cheap stuff that tastes like chemicals. From the presentation of the cupcakes to their mouthwatering flavors, I really liked this bakery. Too bad its about 45 minutes from me, or I would make a trip back to try more of their whimsical flavors! 






No comments:

Post a Comment