Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spicy Mushroom Sushi Bowl

I may be a tall blonde born and raised in California, but if you know me you know I strongly believe I am half Japanese. Not only am I obsessed with their culture, the language and fashion but I am a devourer of japanese food multiple times a week. So here is my vegan spin on a sushi bowl, simple, easy fast and delicious


....Use as much rice, mushrooms etc. for as many people as you want to serve. 

Mixed mushrooms- I used Enoki and Oyster
Sesame Oil
Sriracha 
Sushi Rice
Rice Vinegar
Nori (seaweed paper)
Ginger
Sesame seeds

Bring water to a boil and add rice. Cook till soft. Once cooked add a splash of rice vinegar to the rice and stir to mix. Spread the rice out on a big platter to cool. 



While cooling, heat the sesame oil and saute the mushrooms till soft. Remove from heat and toss with sriracha ( amount depending on how spicy you want it). In a small bowl line with Nori, spoon in rice, top with mushroom mixture and top with fresh ginger and sesame seeds & Devour. Done and Done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment