Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Japanese Food Cuisine Study Hall

Chapter 1
Japanese Cuisine from anime land, Japan

The past 2 weeks I have been lucky to be able to travel the land of sushi, men dressed like popstars, and girls like dolls, and the cleanest city EVER! Well people, I was in Tokyo, Japan. Yes the rumors are true, their 7-11 has better sushi than most high end restaurants in the states. The traditional japanese food was to die for, while some other things I found on my plate, seemed to be more crazy then Heidi Montag. 

And yes I am vegan, but for this trip I had to really indulge in the fish. Because, seriously, when in Japan,  you eat SUSHI. When in Italy, eat a whole pizza smothered in cheese. They are just no brainers!
( One situation that this will never work on, is with meat, (cows, chicken, pigs); no matter where i may be in this world, if they are  known for their meat, I WILL NOT DEVOUR! thanks though.)

Lesson 1: Natto


Video: Me eating Natto my first day in japan, (in our ver nice hotel, hence why I'm whispering). Thank god i was jet lagged!

Most people eat this daily as a breakfast side dish. It is soybeans that are fermented with Bacillus subtilis and contains a rich source of protein and probiotics, so basically its the best thing for you in the whole world. (I try to avoid soy whenever possible, but in this case, I had to try them!) The list of positive things it does for humans is out of control! Natto has crazy amounts of vitamin K, other vitamins that help prevent cancer, it helps reduce blood clots and cholesterol, and helps reduce aging!! But just try...cause there is no way in hell I would ever eat it again...or would I?? It smells like old gym shoes and has the texture of smily beans covered in what looks like melted marshmallows (think rice krispies). 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it would be good... Like you video

    ReplyDelete
  2. White nourishment more often than not alludes to sustenances that have white shading and that have been refined and prepared, similar to grain, saltines, bread, pasta, rice, flour, and straightforward sugars like high fructose corn syrup and table sugar. cho cho san montgomeryville

    ReplyDelete